Residents of Delhi-NCR can now conveniently access subsidized tomatoes at an affordable rate of Rs. 70 per kilogram through the Online NAFED Direct Consumer (ONDC) platform. This initiative aims to provide relief to consumers amidst fluctuating tomato prices in the region.
ONDC, the online platform launched by the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India (NAFED), facilitates direct sales of agricultural produce from farmers to consumers. By eliminating intermediaries, it ensures that consumers can purchase essential commodities like tomatoes at reasonable prices.
To avail of this opportunity, users can follow these simple steps to order subsidized tomatoes through ONDC:
- Visit the ONDC website or download the mobile app, if available.
- Register or log in to your account.
- Browse the list of available products and select “subsidized tomatoes.”
- Enter the desired quantity (in kilograms) and add the items to your cart.
- Proceed to the payment section and choose the preferred mode of payment.
- After successful payment, your order will be confirmed, and you will receive updates on the delivery status.
The availability of subsidized tomatoes through ONDC is a significant step towards making essential food items more accessible and affordable for consumers in Delhi-NCR. This measure not only supports farmers by ensuring fair prices for their produce but also helps stabilize tomato prices in the region.
Please note that the availability of subsidized tomatoes may be subject to variations in supply, and consumers are advised to stay informed about updates on the ONDC platform.
By leveraging technology and direct sourcing from farmers, ONDC continues to play a crucial role in enhancing the ease of access to quality agricultural produce for consumers across India.