The Aadhaar card is India’s most essential form of identification. Financial services and government programs both depend on Aadhaar. A wide range of services offered by Aadhaar are available to all holders of Aadhaar cards. One of these services is the Aadhaar PVC download from the UIDAI website.
The safe and secure Aadhaar PVC cards that were recently introduced by the Unique Identification Authority of India discouraged cardholders from purchasing their Aadhaar PVC copy on the open market due to security concerns. The agency iteslf will send these to the cardholders’ locations.
You do not need to have your registered mobile number on hand if you want to download your Aadhaar PVC from the UIDAI website. Even if your Aadhaar card does not have a mobile number associated with it, you are still able to make use of this service.
To do so, individuals will need to go to the official UIDAI website, select the “My Aadhaar” section, enter their Aadhaar number, and then follow the steps listed below.
PVC Aadhaar card: How to apply
These simple steps can be followed to order an Aadhaar PVC card from UIDAI:
- Go to the “Order Aadhaar Card” service on the UIDAI website (uidai.gov.in or resident.uidai.gov.in).
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Card (UID) number, 16-digit Virtual Identification (VID), or 28-digit Aadhaar enrollment number.
- Complete your security verification by selecting the “TOTP” option and entering a time-based one-time password; otherwise, select the “OTP” option and enter a one-time password. Accept the “Terms and Conditions” and submit the TOTP or OTP. Before placing the printing order, verify the information on your Aadhaar card and pay Rs 50 (inclusive of GST and postal charges).
- Receive an SMS receipt with the service request number and digital signature displayed on the screen.
- Download the receipt and save it.