36.1 C
New Delhi
Monday, June 17, 2024
HomeFinanceCentral government employees set to receive big Holi gift, details inside: 7th...

Central government employees set to receive big Holi gift, details inside: 7th Pay Commission latest updates

The announcement of a DA hike and a change to the fitment factor, both of which are expected to take place soon, has been the subject of more reports.

On Holi, will central government employees receive the eagerly anticipated holiday present of an increase in Dearness Allowance (DA)? Most likely, the response is “yes.” The announcement of a DA hike and a change to the fitment factor, both of which are expected to take place soon, has been the subject of more reports.

According to the most recent information available, the Centre may announce the next round of DA increases for central government employees after the country observes Holi on March 8, 2023. In addition to the DA increase, the fit factor will be revised.


Details about the DA hike The DA rate for central government employees is currently 38%. The DA will almost certainly be adjusted by 4%, bringing the total to 42%. The increase will take effect in January 2023.

Revision of the fitment factor

The 7th Pay Commission recommended a fitment factor of 2.57 percent for central government employees. The 6th Pay Commission’s guidelines stated that the fitment factor was 1.86 percent at one time.

The central employees’ demand calls for the fitment factor to be raised to 3.68 percent at this point. According to a recent report from the Economic Times, the minimum wage may rise from Rs 18,000 to Rs 26,000 if the government agrees to this amount.

18-month DA arrears issue

It is important to note that the central government employees’ demand for 18-month arrears is still unresolved, and there is no new information available on the front.

Source

- Advertisment -

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE..

Our Archieves