Actress Swara Bhasker and her husband, politician Fahad Ahmad welcomed their girl child, Raabiyaa, on September 23. Motherhood is a beautiful feeling, but can be a challenging phase as well because it comes with a lot of responsibilities. These responsibilities prove to be even more difficult when society wants women to adhere to a specific age bracket while embracing motherhood.
Like Swara Bhasker, many actresses in the past welcomed children into their lives in their late 30s. Let’s take a look at them:
1. Swara Bhasker- Swara has welcomed her bundle of joy Raabiyaa at the age of 35. She informed her fans about the happy news on Twitter, “A prayer heard, a blessing granted, a song whispered, a mystic truth … Our baby girl Raabiyaa was born on 23 Sept 2023. With grateful and happy hearts we thank you for your love. It’s a whole new world.”
2. Kareena Kapoor Khan- The Bollywood diva, who got married to Saif Ali Khan in 2012, became a mother at 36, when she welcomed her first son Taimur Ali Khan. She gave birth to her second son, Jehangir Ali Khan, at 39.
3. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan- Aishwarya became mother to her daughter Aaradhya Bachchan at the age of 38, after 4 years of her marriage with Abhishek Bachchan. Aaradhya is now 11 years old.
4. Shilpa Shetty Kundra- She became a mother to her son Viaan Raj Kundra at 37. She opted for surrogacy to have her second child, Samisha Raj Kundra in 2020, at the age of 44.
5. Rani Mukerji- Rani married Aditya Chopra on April 21, 2014, and became a mother at the age of 38. She was blessed with a girl child named Adira on December 9, 2015.
6. Madhuri Dixit- She became a proud mother of two sons Arin (at 37) and Ryan (at 39) in March 2003 and March 2005, respectively.
7. Farah Khan- Farah Khan and Shirish Kunder tied the knot in December 2004 and she became a mother to triplets Diva, Anya, and Czar in 2008. Farah was 43 when she embraced motherhood.
8. Neha Dhupia- Neha gave birth to her daughter Mehr Dhupia Bedi in November 2018, when she was 38. She welcomed her son Guriq Singh Dhupia Bedi on October 3, 2021.