Travelling is one of the favourite hobbies for so many of us. All of us have a list of tourist destinations we would like to explore. But do you know there are some places that are considered dangerous or risky? Let’s take a look at some of them.
1. El Caminito del Rey is a constrained walkway over a cliffside, located in Spain above the Guadalorce River. The path was constructed in the early 1900s to ferry employees to the hydropower facility. It was later closed in 2000 after several people fell to their deaths. It subsequently reopened in 2015.
2. Norway’s Trolltunga, often known as the Troll’s Tongue, is perched on a cliff. Only one rock juts out into the sun from the mountainside. To get to this viewpoint, it will take you eight to ten hours. But the view is worth it.
3. The North Yungas Road in Bolivia is nicknamed the ‘Road of Death’. It is one of the world’s most hazardous roads. Carved into the side of steep cliffs, its narrow path and turns to make it brutal.
4. Fagradalsfjall is a volcano in Iceland. Nestled between snow-capped mountains, it is another dangerous place to visit in the world.
5. There is a hanging pool at the edge of Victoria Falls in Zambia. People can access it only during the summer when the water level is low. Reaching the edge of the waterfall is extremely dangerous, and a slight mistake can lead to death.
6. The Blue Hole in Egypt’s Red Sea is considered a divers’ paradise, but it is one of the most difficult dive locations in the world. Landing at this location requires careful planning and expertise, as underwater curves and caves with unpredictable underwater currents pose significant risks.
7. Reaching the North Pole is a journey into the frozen heart of the Arctic Ocean. It is one of the most difficult places on Earth, due to the cold waters and freezing temperature.
8. Death Valley National Park in the state of California, USA, lives up to its name with scorching temperatures and a harsh desert region. It is not at all easy to deal with this extreme heat. Tourists often fall sick in this dry condition.
9. Climbing Mount Everest, the world’s highest peak located in Nepal, is definitely a challenge. It takes a lot of physical fitness, technical ability, and mental strength to climb this peak.