The antioxidants in black grapes can help prevent cancer by reducing the damage caused by free radicals and protecting cells from damage. (Image: Shutterstock)
Black grapes are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibre, making them a nutritious addition to any diet.
Black grapes are often consumed fresh or commonly used for making wine, juice, jams, and jellies. They are also eaten fresh and are used widely in salads and desserts. These grapes get their dark colour from the presence of a pigment called anthocyanin, which has antioxidant properties that can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. These grapes are also low in calories and fat, making them a great option for those who are watching their weight.
From skin health to heart health, here are the 10 surprising health benefits of black grapes:
1. Promotes Skin Health: Black grapes contain vitamins C and E, which can help promote skin health by reducing inflammation and protecting against damage from the sun and environmental pollutants.
2. Aids in Weight Loss: Black grapes are low in calories and high in fibre, which can aid in weight loss by reducing hunger and keeping you feeling full for longer.
3. Promotes Heart Health: The grapes are rich in antioxidants, such as resveratrol and quercetin, which can help reduce the risk of heart disease by preventing the buildup of plaque in the arteries.
4. Boosts Immunity: Black grapes are high in vitamin C, which can help boost the immune system and reduce the risk of infections.
5. Helps Prevent Cancer: Compounds like resveratrol and quercetin, have been shown to have anti-cancer properties. The antioxidants in black grapes can help prevent cancer by reducing the damage caused by free radicals and protecting cells from damage.
6. Lowers Cholesterol: Black grapes contain compounds that can help lower cholesterol levels, which can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
7. Improves Digestion: They are a good source of fibre, which can improve digestion and prevent constipation.
8. Reduces Inflammation: Black grapes contain compounds that can help reduce inflammation, which can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
9. Rich in antioxidants: Black grapes contain high levels of antioxidants, such as polyphenols and anthocyanins, which can help protect against damage to cells caused by free radicals.
10. Boosts brain function: The antioxidants in black grapes may help protect against age-related cognitive decline and improve memory.
Overall, incorporating black grapes into your diet can be a tasty and nutritious way to support overall health and well-being.