Here are the Mumbai AC local trains that will run as non-AC
– VR94018 (Departing ex Virar at 8.33 hrs)
– BO94023 (Departing ex Churchgate at 10.24 hrs)
– BO94030 (Departing ex Borivali at 11.35 hrs)
– BO94035 (Departing ex Churchgate at 12.45 hrs)- BO94040 (Departing ex Borivali at 13.55 hrs)- BO94047 (Departing ex Churchgate at 15.05 hrs)
– BO94050 (Departing ex Borivali at 16.18 hrs)
– BO94055 (Departing ex Churchgate at 17.15 hrs)
– BO94058 (Departing ex Borivali at 18.08 hrs)
– BS94063 (Departing ex Churchgate at 19.00 hrs)
– BS94072 (Departing ex Vasai Road at 20.41 hrs)
– VR94077 (Departing ex Churchgate at 21.57 hrs)
Some commuters vented their anger on social media. “So simply you say due to Technical problems, without thinking how much hardships it causes to those who had spent 10x of the normal fares to travel more safely in AC locals,” said an user on Twitter.
The Western Railway had earlier said that to clear the extra rush during the Ganpati Festival 2023, it will run special trains between Mumbai Central – Sawantwadi Road, Udhna – Madgaon and Vishvamitri – Kudal.
Meanwhile, the Western Railway has announced an ex-gratia of Rs. 10 lakh for passengers who died in the unfortunate incident of firing on 31st July, 2023 in Train No. 12956 Jaipur – Mumbai Central Superfast Express. The family of ASI Tikaram will receive dues as per service rules, Railways said. Four Railway passengers including a Railway Protection Force ASI were shot dead by an RPF jawan who opened fire in the Mumbai-Jaipur Superfast Express after it crossed Palghar Station in Maharashtra.