A mobile phone number must be registered with the State Bank of India (SBI) savings bank account in order to use the Internet Banking service. To keep track of all transactions, SBI customers must link their cell phone numbers to their savings bank account. In addition, if a bank account transaction that was not authorized occurs, they will be notified immediately.
From Internet Banking, update your mobile number as follows:
- Navigate to the website www.onlinesbi.com and select “Profile-Personal Details-Change mobile No.” on the left panel of the page, under the “My Accounts” section.
- On the subsequent screen, select the Account number, enter the mobile number, and then click Submit.
- The registered cellphone number’s final two digits, which cannot be changed, will be displayed to you.
- You will be notified of the mapping status using your registered mobile number.
How to change your phone number from an ATM:
- Choose the Register option from the available options when you go to the SBI ATM closest to you.
- Insert your ATM pin.
- Pick Portable Number Enrollment from the menu choices that are shown on the screen.
- Choose Change Mobile Number from the screen’s menu options.
- Entering and verifying your previous mobile number is required.
- You will then be asked to enter and confirm your new mobile number.
- OTPs for the new and old mobile numbers will be different.
- After you enter the OTP, your mobile number will be updated.