Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a top seller on Steam. It is also on the most played list on the platform, with a peak of 247,839 players today and 166,963 playing at the time of this publication. This makes Modern Warfare 2 one of the biggest Call of Duty launches on Steam.
Modern Warfare 2 is on the 6th position of the top 100 most played games on Steam. It is number one on the top 100 selling games right now by revenue. It should be noted that the game can also be bought on Battle.net, so the Steam figures do not represent the entire playerbase.
Modern Warfare 2’s PlayStation-exclusive bonuses
As Modern Warfare 2 is also available on the PlayStation, the game has revealed exclusive benefits for players on the console. As spotted by CharlieIntel, the official website of the game has been updated, which lists a bunch of bonuses that are only available on Sony’s consoles. Other than the Oni Operator which came as a pre-order bonus, here are other bonuses that you can get on Modern Warfare 2 if you play it on a PlayStation:
- Battle Pass bundle bonus: Unlock new gear and goodies even faster. PlayStation users that purchase a Battle Pass Bundle will get an additional 5 tier skips. That’s a total of 25 tier skips.
- Double XP points: PlayStation players can look forward to exclusive Monthly Double XP events (24 hr duration), so prepare to boost your rank.
- Combat packs: Get a free in-game bundle each Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II season. Includes such items as an Operator Skin, Weapon Blueprint, Emblem and much more. Limited time only for PlayStation Plus members.
- PlayStation party bonus: Teamwork makes the dream work. PlayStation players that play together in parties receive +25% bonus weapon XP. The bonus still counts when playing with cross-platform teammates.
- Extra loadouts: Be prepared for any scenario. PlayStation players get an additional 2 loadout slots, ready for customization. Available when Create-A-Class unlocks upon reaching Level 4.
Benchmark test and Nvidia driver issues
As pointed out by VG247, Modern Warfare 2 has a pretty good benchmark test. Infinity Ward didn’t say anything about a benchmark test while the game came out, but you can access it in the Multiplayer row for some reason. Not only do you get to see the average FPS, CPU and GPU render time, but benchmark also goes in depth and shows stats for both the CPU and GPU such as the average FPS, Low 5ths, and Low 1sts for both, as well as the bottleneck. However, some players online have pointed out that the benchmark test consists of some bugs:
I have no idea about computers and while doing this I had opera gx open. My pc hasn’t changed in like 3/4 years but the 99% to 0% looks like a problem. Was wondering what you could recommend pic.twitter.com/X0bo84Kyv3
— Liam (@LiamBiscwit) October 28, 2022
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 built-in benchmark is seriously broken. While the HZD benchmark shows only 1 FPS difference related to the average metric, the CoD benchmark is completely off the wall.
— CapFrameX (@CapFrameX) October 29, 2022
Furthermore, Nvidia has and developer Beenox have confirmed that Nvidia’s latest GPU drivers are behind various stability issues in the game. The company has suggested staying on the 516.59 or 522.25 drivers, as the culprit seems to be 526.47 version of the drivers. Nvidia even told PC Gamer that they are working on a hotfix for the game. “This is specifically why our latest Game Ready Driver wasn’t promoted or recommended for this title in the first place,” they told the outlet.
Hardcore mode is coming while rare Burger King skin selling for big bucks online
While Modern Warfare 2 didn’t ship with the beloved Hardcore mode, Infinity Ward has confirmed that it will be available soon. What’s more interesting is that the game mode has been renamed to “Tier 1.” Some players pointed out that it was reported that the mode will be available on day one.
— Devoid 18+(NSFW) (@Anvoid2) October 28, 2022
Meanwhile, a skin for the game is going for high prices online. The rare Burger King DLC comes from a partnership between Activision and fast-food chain Burger King which consists of an exclusive Operator skin based on Burger Town, which is a fictional restaurant in-game. This partnership is not available in the United States, but it’s not region locked, so many people from outside the country are more than happy to sell the codes online.
Modern Warfare II x Burger King
— CharlieIntel (@charlieINTEL) October 25, 2022